7.22.2010

The Global Food System

I just stumbled upon this infographic illustrating the global food system and all I can say is wow.

As in, wow it's complex.

Wow, it's convoluted.

Wow, this certainly makes the case for supporting local food systems.

Wouldn't you much rather have a diagram that looks like this: Farmer - Farmer's Maket - Consumer? Or even: Farmer - Consumer? Or even: Backyard - Consumer?

That would look at a whole lot lovelier to me.

See the Global Food Sysem in detail here.

3 comments:

  1. The fact that I can't understand this thing says enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21.2.13

    Hi- this is a great visual of the food system. Can you tell me what the original site was or who the creator was? The link won't let me access the blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous30.8.22

    I'd love to know the original source of this graphic if possible?

    ReplyDelete